I am always looking for ways to boost the health benefits of my daily Ritual Cacao
. One of my favourite ways to increase the nutritional profile is to add collagen!
Collagen is such a great addition to your daily rituals. Collagen is required for skin integrity (it can improve skin elasticity and keep your skin glowing!), it can protect against the effects of physical fatigue (giving you some well-needed energy!) and can also be a good source of protein.
I usually prescribe a practitioner- only collagen blend to my clients which dissolves really well and has a lovely taste profile. The Restoring Ritual Cacao
is a great formula to combine with the collagen as it contains withania (a beautiful herb to help protect against the negative effects of cortisol) and licorice (a herb to support adrenal health). If you are someone who feels stressed and relies way too much on coffee, this Restoring Collagen Hot Chocolate is what you need in your life!
- 2 tablespoons of collagen (see notes below for which one I recommend)
- 1 cup of organic oat milk (I use Oatly)
1. Combine Restoring Ritual Cacao and oat milk in a saucepan and gently warm it up to your desired temperature (be careful not to boil it).
2. Pour into your favourite cup and sprinkle the collagen on top. Leave it for a few minutes to dissolve and then stir it in.
3. Find a nice quiet place to sit and enjoy your beautiful nourishing cacao.
Note: I recommend Metagenics Biopure Collagen which needs to be prescribed by a practitioner). Find out about how to book a Naturopathy appointment with me here)
This recipe works well with other types of milk too so feel free to experiment!